Thursday, August 13, 2015

Week 4

A pretty uneventful week all-in-all.  Met with my chemo oncologist on Thursday for some good news and bad news. Good news - He declared that on a scale of 1 - 10 that I am at a 9.5. Bad news - I'm doing so well he may consider giving me a 7th dose of chemo.

The dietitian caught up with me in the infusion room and read me her riot act because she's concerned that I'm losing too much weight. I'm down 10 pounds so far.  Even though I'm constantly hungry, I haven't found many foods that taste good enough to eat. And those high calorie supplements they give me have a nasty soy flavor that I can't stand.

Thursday is radiation doctor meeting day. When I answered the usual question - "How are you feeling?" with "Pretty good, considering." She replied "You wouldn't say that if you could see the back of your throat." Otherwise, she said I was doing great.

Still shedding hair at a pretty good rate. The pony tail is intact, but thinning.

Different weekend this time. Friday was a slow day. Saturday, my usual nap away day, was surprisingly energetic. Sunday we went to the art fair at Sun River and I was in slow mode. Spent most of the afternoon laying in the grass listening to the music. Not a bad way to while away a lazy day, though.

Four weeks down and only 3 more to go!

1 comment: