Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week9

Tuesday - Woke up hungry for "REAL" food. Tried eating a variety of dishes, but it's obvious that as much as my brain might want food, my mouth isn't ready to deal with it. Taste buds are still worthless,too. Managed the usual 2-1/2 mile dog walk with "only" 3 stops.

Thursday - Let's try that real food business again. Mouth and throat don't seem to rebel are much are before. They are still really sensitive to chile pepper heat (or even black pepper for that matter). Had a very small bowl of homemade Brunswick stew and could actually taste vegetables!! Tried a few Campbell's soup varieties and was pretty disappointed. Chicken noodle was disgusting. Minestrone was OK. I keep staring at that big can of menudo in the pantry. For some reason I am really craving tripe tacos. I'm afraid, though, that even the slightest amount of chiles would really hurt. Good news, though. Taste buds are definitely coming back to life!!

Friday- Today I got to meet with both Monticelli (chemo) and McDermed (radiation). Monticelli was a funny as ever. Pulled my PIC so I no longer have the tube in my arm any more. No good answers on when chemo clears out of my system, of course. It's different for everyone. McDermed was pretty pleased with my progress. She found my left side lymph node pretty easily. I told her that at one point it had nearly disappeared, but was now obvious, if not overly large. She put me on a weekly schedule to monitor any changes in the node. Now were just in wait and see mode.

Still healing rather quickly. Overall, feeling a LOT better than a week ago. Able to swallow food again even if it doesn't taste like much. Relying on the PEG tube a lot less. Slowly regaining energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment